At UNAGB, we value diversity and seek to embed actions that support equity, inclusion, and belonging in all that we do.
Our commitment to these values and actions are strengthened by the UN’s fundamental support of human rights for all people; as an organization expressly aligned to the UN’s mission, this foundation is core to our purpose and functioning.
We approach this commitment from a place of optimism and humility, recognizing that diverse perspectives, when fully included and valued, bring out the best ideas, effort, and sense of community for all.
At the same time, we recognize that as individuals, as an organization, and as a broader community of educators and advocates in greater Boston our work in this area is incomplete. We are committed to our continuous learning and growth both individually and collectively with our community members and partners.
Below are resources that communicate and guide our commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We hope that they are useful to you in yours. We are eager to continue our collaboration in the work ahead.
- UNAGB President, Dr. Arese Carrington’s statement in April 2021 in response to the verdict in Minneapolis
- UNAGB President, Dr. Arese Carrington’s statement in March 2021 in response to the violence toward Asian Americans in Atlanta
- UNAGB President, Dr. Arese Carrington’s statement in June 2020 regarding racial injustice after the death of George Floyd, Ahmaud Arbery, and Breonna Taylor
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights (UDHR)
- UN: Equality and Non-Discrimination
- Anti-Racist Action for Business – UN Global Compact
- Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) 10: Reduce Inequalities within and between Countries
Youth Educational Resources