Join us for a full week of Model UN this summer!
UNAGB’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership brings together local and international students to address global issues through Model UN. Students learn to think critically about the problems facing our world, use diplomacy and negotiation as tools, and form policy proposals that make solutions possible. Students will:
- Meet others who are passionate about global issues and current events
- Learn from guest speakers, including NGO leaders, diplomats, and local politicians
- Improve public speaking and negotiation techniques
- Learn new Model UN strategies
When: Week-long programs in June, July, and August. Students are encouraged to attend multiple weeks!
Where: In the past, programs have been held at Harvard University, Simmons University, and Belmont Day School. (This event is not owned, controlled, supervised, or sponsored by Harvard University or any of its schools or programs.)
Cost: $745 per student per week
Questions: Contact us! Please call 617-482-4587 or email Lynn Arsenault, Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications, at [email protected]
Check out our 2020 programs below! You can also find our Summer Institute in Global Leadership programs through the “Events” tab of our website.
- Human Rights: June 22-26, 2020; Open to grades 6-12. Click here to register!
- Climate Change: July 6-10, 2020; Open to grades 6-12. Click here to register!
- Women in Leadership: July 20-24, 2020; Open to grades 7-10. Click here to register!
- Young Delegates: July 20-24, 2020; Open to grades 5-7. Click here to register!
- Young Delegates: July 27-31, 2020; Open to grades 5-7. Click here to register!
- Global Health: July 27-31, 2020; Open to grades 7-10. Click here to register!
- Advanced Public Speaking: August 3-7, 2020; Open to grades 9-12. Click here to register!
UNAGB offers a limited number of needs-based scholarships each year. To read more about the scholarship application and to apply, click here. For questions, contact Lynn Arsenault at [email protected] or (617) 482-4587.
- Scholarships are limited. Please only apply for/accept a scholarship if you are able to attend the entire program. If you accept a scholarship and do not attend the program in full, you will not be eligible for future UNAGB scholarships.
- Scholarships are for program participation and do not include transportation or lunch.
- Each program week is open to a different grade level range. Please make sure you are applying for the week relevant to your grade level.
- The Advanced Public Speaking week requires prior Model UN experience. All other programs do not require prior Model UN experience.
What to expect:
There are five parts to the application. Please make sure to carefully complete each section. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship.
Step 1: Questionnaire – to be completed by the student and/or parent/guardian
Step 2: Registration Details – to be completed by the student and/or parent/guardian
Step 3: Essay question – to be completed by the student
Step 4: Letter of recommendation – to be written by a teacher
Step 5: Electronic Signature – to be completed by the student
- Round One: Applications submitted on or before February 29 will be notified of our decision by March 16.
- Round Two: Applications submitted between March 1 and May 15 will be notified of our decision by May 29.
All applications must be submitted before May 15 to be considered for the 2020 Summer Institute in Global Leadership.