Learn about global issues, build skills for life and leadership, and collaborate with students from across the world during our week-long Model UN programs!
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership offers week-long Model UN programs for students from all over the world to work together and address global issues.
Throughout each week, students will:
- Learn about the topic at hand from our stellar college interns and staff
- Participate in public speaking and negotiation activities
- Meet expert guest speakers
- Engage in team-building activities
- Step into the role of a diplomat during Model UN simulations
When: Week-long programs in June, July, and August. Students are encouraged to attend multiple weeks! (Scroll down to the “Registration” section for specific dates!)
Cost of virtual program: $545 per student per week.
Cost of in person program: $745 per student per week
Registration is Now Open for 2022!
Registration is now open for our 2022 programs! Click each of the links below to register!
- Global Diplomacy: July 11 – July 15th; Open to grades 6-12. Click here to register!
- Human Rights: June 20 – June 24th; Open to grades 6-10. Click here to register!
- Climate Change: June 27 – July 1; Open to grades 6-10. Click here to register!
- Women in Leadership: July 11 – July 15; Open to grades 6-10. Click here to register!
- Tech and Diplomacy: July 25 – July 29; Open to grades 6-10. Click here to register!
- Climate Action on the Cape: July 25 – July 29; Open to grades 7-10. Click here to register!
- Public Speaking: August 1 – August 5; Open to grades 9-12. Click here to register!
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston (UNAGB) offers financial assistance to students who otherwise would be unable to attend the Summer Institute by providing half and full scholarships. Scholarships are funded through grants, donations, and in-kind support from UNAGB.
Please Note: Scholarships are limited. Only apply for a scholarship if you are able to attend the entire program. If you accept a scholarship and do not attend the program in full, you will not be eligible for future UNAGB scholarships.
What to expect: There are four parts to the application for financial support. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Step 1: Questionnaire — to be completed by the student and/or parent/guardian
- Step 2: Short answer question — to be completed by the student
- Step 3: Electronic Signature — to be completed by the student
First deadline – March 1, 2022 (Decisions will be made by March 15th)
Second deadline – May 1, 2022 (Decisions will be made by May 15th)
Apply for financial support: Click here
For questions, please email [email protected]
Get $50 Back When You Refer a Friend!
Important notes about the refer-a-friend refund:
- In order to be eligible for a $50 refer-a-friend refund, both parties must register for the program on or before May 14, 2022
- Refer-a-friend refunds will be received no sooner than May 19, 2022
- Only 1 refer-a-friend refund per person (even if you refer multiple people)
- Refer-a-friend refunds are non-transferrable and are credited to the card used for registration
UNAGB offers the following refund policy for the Summer Institute in Global Leadership:
- If you request a refund at least 60 days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a full refund
- If you request a refund at least 30 days before before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a 50% refund
- If you request a refund less than 30 days before the first day of the program, you are not eligible for a refund