United Nations Day marks the anniversary of the entry into force of the UN Charter in 1945. It is celebrated around the world, recognizing the importance of the global body dedicated to peace, prosperity, and justice.
UN Day Celebrations
Since 2000, the United Nations Association of Greater Boston has organized a UN Day Luncheon to celebrate the UN’s accomplishments and indispensable work by engaging high-level policy-makers, members of the business community, and academic leaders around a critical global issue related to the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
Past speakers have included…
- Rachel Kyte, Dean of the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy at Tufts University and Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General for Sustainable Energy for All (2019)
- Timothy Edgar, former National Security and Intelligence Official and Senior Fellow at the Watson Institute for International and Public Affairs at Brown University (2018)
- Stéphane Dujarric, Spokesperson for the United Nations Secretary-General António Guterres (2016)
- Ambassador Matthew Rycroft, Permanent Representative of the UK to the UN (2015)
- Ambassador David Donoghue, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the United Nations (2014)
For questions and other inquiries, please contact Caitlin Moore, UNAGB Executive Director, at [email protected].