2021 Virtual Spring Institute in Global Leadership: Climate Change (Monday, March 15 – Wednesday, March 17)
UNAGB Spring Institutes bring together local and international students to discover global challenges and address them through Model UN. Students will learn to think critically about the problems facing our society, use negotiation tools, and form proposals that make solutions possible.
During this 3-day program, we’ll explore the issues involved in climate change. Be prepared to learn different aspects of the topic, build skills in public speaking and negotiation, and put everything together in a full day Model UN simulation.
Note: This week is appropriate for students who are passionate about climate change and/or love Model UN. The program is open to both new-to-Model UN’ers as well as experienced Model UN-ers.
You’ll have a chance to:
– Meet students from all over who are passionate about climate change
– Learn from guest speakers
– Delve into current global issues
– Improve your public speaking and negotiation techniques
– Learn new Model UN strategies
Meet Maggie Martin, our Guest Speaker from the Rainforest Action Network:
Maggie Martin works on RAN’s Keep Forests Standing campaign holding corporations accountable for contributing to climate change and deforestation and pushing major brands to transform their operations. With a focus on movement building and nonviolent direct action, Maggie is helping to grow US solidarity with Indigenous and local communities at the frontlines of forest destruction.
Maggie holds a MA in Social Justice and before working at RAN, she spent more than a decade using her experience as a veteran to advocate for an end to unnecessary wars and for the Right to Heal for service members and Iraqi civilians at the frontlines of US militarism.
– When: Monday, March 15 – Wednesday, March 17, 2021 9:30am-3:00pm EST each day (Please note: this is in Eastern Standard Time)
– Who: Students in grades 7-10
– Where: This program is virtual!
– Cost: $345 per student
– Refund Policy: Refunds are available up to three weeks before the program. Under three weeks from the program date, refunds are not available. Under the unlikely circumstance that less than 20 students register for the program, everyone will receive a full refund.
– Questions? Email [email protected]
We look forward to seeing you there!