Every March the international community celebrates the lives and contributions of women and those who identify as women.
In 2023, the United Nations Association of Greater Boston is celebrating International Women’s Day with a special U.N. Perspective Series focused on “Bridging the Digital Gender Divide” as we delve deeper into the global and local implications of Sustainable Development Goal 5: Gender Equality.
Emerging technologies have the possibility to transform the empowerment of women and contribute to greater gender equality. New digital platforms, mobile phones, the internet services, and constant digital connectedness offer “leapfrog” opportunities for women and can have the potential to bridge the digital divide. Technology offers boundless opportunity to create, share, and convene. As we enter the third of year of the “Decade of Action,” with only 7 years remaining to achieve the SDGs, global citizens everywhere need to seize the opportunity to foster greater gender equality through the creation of a more inclusive, digital world.
The event will begin 30 mins of networking with other likeminded global citizens, followed by a panel discussion with leaders in tech space, nonprofit community, and government affairs in and around Boston.
– 5:30-6:00pm – Arrival and registration
– 6:00-7:30m – Panel Discussion and audience Q+A
– 7:30-8:00pm – Open networking and refreshments
Meet our Moderator
– Amritha Jayanti, Associate Director, Technology and Public Purpose Project, Belfer Center for Science and International Affairs, Harvard Kennedy School
Meet our Panelists
– Tazrin Hossain, Senior Advisor, Innovation, Technology, and Science, Netherlands Innovation Network
– Michaela Jamelska, Founding Partner, NOVA Virtual World
– Helen Rosenfeld, Executive Director, Massachusetts Science & Engineering Fair
Want to support future female leaders?
This event is free but registration is required. All guests are encouraged to make a donation of any size at checkout. All donations are 100% tax deductible and will directly support UNAGB’s world-class Model UN youth and community programs.
Interested in sponsoring this event?
Reach out to Director of Development, Alex Bostian, at [email protected]