In-Person Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Ocean Conservation
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership is a week-long Model UN program for students from all over the world to work together and address global issues.
Throughout the week, students will:
– Learn about the topic at hand
– Participate in public speaking and negotiation activities
– Meet expert guest speakers
– Engage in team-building activities
– Step into the role of a diplomat during Model UN simulations
What is Model UN?
In Model UN, participants learn about a global issue and are assigned to a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors a UN committee session, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) give speeches, engage in formal debate, collaborate and negotiate ideas, draft solutions (referred to in Model UN as “resolutions”), and vote. Using parliamentary procedure to structure debate (just like the real UN!), students have the opportunity to build skills for life and leadership while learning about a complex global issue.
This program is open to students in grades 7-10 of all Model UN levels. Students join us from all over the world!
When is the program?
Monday, July 19 – Friday, July 24 from 9:00am – 3:00pm Eastern Standard Time. Please note, this program is in Eastern Standard Time
What is the cost of the program?
$745 per student per week
Can I register my student for just part of the program?
Partial program options are not available. Lessons learned each day build off of one another and culminate in a final full day Model UN simulation.
What should I bring each day?
You will need:
– Laptop, tablet, or Chromebook
– Nut-free snacks
– Lunch or $15 (We will have supervised opportunities for students to buy lunch from nearby vendors or students can come with lunches from home.)
UNAGB offers the following refund policy for the Summer Institute in Global Leadership:
– If you request a refund 61+ days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a full refund
– If you request a refund between 31-60 days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a 50% refund
– If you request a refund 30 days or less before the first day of the program, you are not eligible for a refund