Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Global Health
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership is a week-long Model UN program for students from all over to work together and address global issues.
Throughout the week, students will:
– Learn about key topics encompassed by the theme of Global Health and SDG 3: Good Health and Well-being
– Participate in public speaking and negotiation activities
– Meet expert guest speakersPractice working collaboratively on complex global issues
– Step into the role of a diplomat during Model UN simulations
– When: June 24-28, 2024, 9am-3pm ET (This is a day program only)
– Who: Students entering grades 6-12 (We plan to split students by age group if registration numbers are high enough)
– Where: Harvard Business School (Cambridge, MA)
– Cost: $795 per student/week
Questions: Contact us! Please call 617-209-9877 or email [email protected]
When is the program?
Monday, June 24 – Friday, June 28
9:00am – 3:00pm Eastern Time
This program is open to students in grades 6-12 of all Model UN levels. Students join us from all over the world! Students of all skill levels are welcome to attend, from zero Model UN experience to veteran conference participants!
What is Model UN?
In Model UN, participants learn about a global issue and are assigned to represent a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors a UN committee session, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) give speeches, engage in formal debate, collaborate and negotiate ideas, draft solutions (referred to in Model UN as “resolutions”), and vote. Using parliamentary procedure to structure debate (just like the real UN!), students have the opportunity to build skills for life and leadership while learning about a complex global issue.
All students who complete a full UNAGB Summer Institute in Global Leadership program will receive a UNAGB Certification in Global Diplomacy, recognizing advanced skills in negotiation, public speaking and global awareness.
Students/Families are responsible for their own transportation to/from this program. Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Global Health will be accessible via public transportation in Boston.
UNAGB offers the following refund policy for the Summer Institute in Global Leadership:
– If you request a refund at least 60 days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a full refund
– If you request a refund at least 30 days before before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a 50% refund
– If you request a refund less than 30 days before the first day of the program, you are not eligible for a refund
For other frequently asked questions, please check out our General FAQ list here.