In Person Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Global Health
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership is a week-long Model UN program for students from all over the world to work together and address global issues.
Throughout the week, students will:
– Learn about key topics encompassed by SDG 3: Good Health and Wellbeing
– Participate in public speaking and negotiation activities
– Meet expert guest speakers
– Engage in team-building activities
– Step into the role of a diplomat during Model UN simulations
– When: June 20 -23, 2023, 9am-3pm ET (this is a day program only)
– Who: Students entering grades 6-12
– Where: TBA (Cambridge, MA)
– Cost: $695 per student/week (Please note: Global Health is a four-day Institute)
Questions: Contact us! Please call 617-482-4587 or email [email protected]
When is the program?
Tuesday, June 20 – Friday, June 23 from 9:00am – 3:00pm Eastern Time.
This program is open to students in grades 6-12 of all Model UN levels. Students join us from all over the world! Delegates will be separated into two rooms – one each for middle school and high school students. Students of all skill levels are welcome to attend, from zero Model UN experience to veteran conference participants!
Can I register my student for just part of the program?
Partial program options are not available. Lessons learned each day build off of one another and culminate in a final full day Model UN simulation.
What is Model UN?
In Model UN, participants learn about a global issue and are assigned to represent a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors a UN committee session, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) give speeches, engage in formal debate, collaborate and negotiate ideas, draft solutions (referred to in Model UN as “resolutions”), and vote. Using parliamentary procedure to structure debate (just like the real UN!), students have the opportunity to build skills for life and leadership while learning about a complex global issue.
UNAGB offers the following refund policy for the Summer Institute in Global Leadership:
– If you request a refund at least 60 days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a full refund
– If you request a refund at least 30 days before before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a 50% refund
– If you request a refund less than 30 days before the first day of the program, you are not eligible for a refund