In-Person Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Advanced Public Speaking
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston’s Summer Institute in Global Leadership is a week-long Model UN program for students from all over the world to work together and address global issues.
Advanced Institutes bring together older students who are passionate about global issues and are in, or aspire to be in, leadership roles that demand advance communication skills.
This week, students will work together to develop public speaking skills through the format of Model UN simulations. There will be a particular focus on presentation tips and tricks and extemporaneous speaking. Join us for a fun and fast paced week!
Note: This week is only open to students entering grades 9 -12. Experience with the traditional Model UN format is strongly encouraged.
– When: August 7-11, 2023, 9am-3pm ET (this is a day program only)
– Who: Students entering grades 9-12
– Where: TBA (Cambridge, MA)
– Cost: $795 per student/week
Questions: Contact us! Please call 617-482-4587 or email [email protected]
When is the program?
Monday, August 7 – Friday, August 11 from 9:00am – 3:00pm Eastern Time.
This program is open to students in grades 9-12. Students join us from all over the world! Prior experience with Model UN is strongly encouraged for this Institute.
Can I register my student for just part of the program?
Partial program options are not available. Lessons learned each day build off of one another and culminate in a final full day Model UN simulation.
What is Model UN?
In Model UN, participants learn about a global issue and are assigned to represent a specific country. In a simulation that mirrors a UN committee session, students (or delegates, as we refer to them!) give speeches, engage in formal debate, collaborate and negotiate ideas, draft solutions (referred to in Model UN as “resolutions”), and vote. Using parliamentary procedure to structure debate (just like the real UN!), students have the opportunity to build skills for life and leadership while learning about a complex global issue.
UNAGB offers the following refund policy for the Summer Institute in Global Leadership:
– If you request a refund at least 60 days before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a full refund
– If you request a refund at least 30 days before before the first day of the program, you are eligible for a 50% refund
– If you request a refund less than 30 days before the first day of the program, you are not eligible for a refund