2020 Summer Institute in Global Leadership: Advanced Public Speaking
UNAGB Summer Institutes bring together local and international students to discover global challenges and address them through Model United Nations programming. Students will learn to think critically about the problems facing our society, use negotiation tools, and form proposals that make solutions possible.
This week, we’ll uses crisis Model UN simulations to build public speaking skills. Be prepared to learn a variety of global issues, build skills in public speaking, and put everything together in Model UN simulations.
Note: This week requires prior Model UN experience.
You’ll have a chance to:
– Meet students from all over the world passionate about global affairs
– Learn from guest speakers, including NGO leaders, diplomats, and local politicians
– Delve into current global issues
– Improve your public speaking and negotiation techniques
– Learn new Model UN strategies
– When: August 3-7, 2020 9am-4pm (this is a day program only)
– Who: Students entering grades 9-12 (Prior Model UN experience required)
– Where: Boston area (Location TBD)
– Cost: $745 per student/week
– Refer a Friend! Refer a friend before March 31 and receive a $50 refund! Your friend will let us know you referred them, and we will follow up with a $50 refund for you and a $50 discount for them.
– Questions: Contact us! Please call (617) 482-4587 or email [email protected]
– Traveling from out of state / country? Click here for a few quick reminders!
– Cancellation Policy: We understand that life happens and sometimes there is a change of plans. In the event that you need to cancel your registration, we will honor up to a 50% refund up to one week before the start of the program. Within one week of the start of the program, payments made are non-refundable. For any questions or concerns, please contact Lynn Arsenault, Senior Manager of Marketing and Communications at [email protected] or (617) 482-4587.
Regarding COVID-19, UNAGB wants the Institute to happen and happen safely. We intend to run our summer programs, assuming public health protocols allow. Our registration will remain open with the current refund policy in place. As the situation unfolds, should there be any changes to our refund policy, they will be communicated to all registered attendees and on our site. This is an unprecedented and fast-moving situation and we appreciate your patience.
COVID-19, UNAGB Response Policy: Read Here