Are you inspired by the work of the United Nations? Do you ever wonder what it would be like to help create Model UN curriculum or write to funders about the importance of our work? If so, the United Nations Association of Greater Boston is a great place to gain practical work experience that aligns with your interests!
With diverse backgrounds and interests, staff and interns enjoy a lively, high-energy and supportive atmosphere in the office. Our small staff team means that you will participate in a wide variety of activities and perform a range of tasks in support of the organization.
CAREERS: We are not currently seeking applications for any full or part-time positions.
INTERNSHIPS: Please see deadlines below for internship applications.
As an intern, you will work within a small team to plan and implement middle and high school Model UN conferences, writing topic guides on issues of global importance, and writing curriculum to be used in local schools.
A typical workday could include:
- Researching and writing topic guides focusing on a variety of global issues
- Proofreading and copy-editing reports and project materials
- Performing various operations and management tasks supporting our programs
- Engaging with students in classroom setting and at Model UN Conferences
- Supporting with other UNAGB programs as needed
- Providing administrative support as needed for day to day operations in the office
The ideal candidate will be:
- Enthusiastic about the work of the United Nations
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Interested in social justice, education and global issues
- Proactive and able to work independently with little supervision
- Familiar with international relations, economics, political science, human rights or a related field
Internships are suited to someone who can commit 16-24 hours a week for a full semester.
Interns work on a semester-basis. As such, please submit your application by the following due dates:
- Fall – Aug 15
- Winter – Dec 15
- Spring – Dec 15
- Summer – March 15 (if you apply for this, we are seeking candidates who are enthusiastic about gaining teaching experience!)
If you are interested in any of these internships, please send a resume and cover letter noting your availability to [email protected].
Please note that due to the high volume of applications received, we only reply to candidates who will be moving forward in the interview process.