Membership with the UNA-GB is your unique opportunity to increase your participation in global affairs. Your support for our membership-based local chapter directly contributes to our ability to reach over 4,000 people in greater Boston as a voice forthe United Nations and its work in global health, education, human rights, peace and security.
Membership is open to all! Memberships typically last one year (although lifetime memberships are available). As a UNA-GB Member, you help support important programs for all ages in the area. Please contribute your support today!
UNA-GB Membership Benefits:
- Invitations to UNA-USA Members' Day at U.N. Headquarters, the Biennial UNA-USA National Convention, the Council of Chapters and Divisions Annual Meeting, and UNA-USA's most important advocacy event of the year - UNA-USA Day on Capitol Hill
- Discounted or free admission to selected events
- UNA-GB’s monthly e-newsletter
- A 20% discount on UNA publications
- UNA Welcome Kit and a personalized membership card
- A one-year subscription to The InterDependent
- An exclusive discount to the Economist and Foreign Policy magazines - Click here to learn more!
- Access to "Members Only" sections of UNA’s World Bulletin
- Access to UNA-USA nationwide conference calls
- The opportunity to meet and mobilize like-minded peoples and be active in a local chapter that focuses on important global issues
- Regular e-updates on breaking news at the UN, and special reports from foreign policy experts and UNA-USA staff
- Networking and professional development opportunities with current and former leaders in international affairs and global activists
- Information on participating in major UN events and contact with members of other UN Associations in in 175 communities nationwide and 102 nations worldwide
- The opportunity to be active in a local chapter that focuses on important global issues
Membership Events and Programs:
- UN Day Luncheon
- Consuls Ball
- Global Voices Film Festival
- UN Day at the State House
- CCD Annual Meeting/Biennial National Convention
- Members’ Day at the UN
- Day on the Hill
- Campus Student Ambassadors
- Young Professionals (YP)
- Women’s Forum
- Global Issues Series
- Member Networking Nights
Don’t just take it from us – hear from our members why they participate!
"The United Nations of Greater Boston offers an extremely impressive range of special interest programs and forums. I am amazed at the volume and variety of opportunities to participate and learn about current global events. I have been a member of several organizations, the United Nations of Greater Boston offers the greatest value of all. I truly enjoy having the opportunity to meet a diversified and interesting group of people who are involved in global activities. I am particularly interested in the Women's Forum as the primary focus is to increase awareness of issues facing women in developing countries. I look forward to making a contribution as an advisor to the Forum."
Elizabeth Grealy, CEO, Grealy Globalization Enterprises
“After stints as a journalist living in Washington DC and the Middle East, I recently moved to Boston and was looking to meet smart, educated women with an interest in international affairs. A friend recommended UNA-GB, and after attending a fascinating panel on business women in developing nations, I knew this was a great group for me. As a work-from-home mom, I love the way I can stay connected with events beyond my borders, and network with professional women from think tanks, universities, businesses and non profits. Last fall, UNA-GB invited me to give a lecture on my book, "Sisters in War: A Story of Love, Family and Survival in the New Iraq" about women's rights in Iraq. More than 50 women showed up, and we had a wonderful discussion and evening together. UNA-GB is a terrific educational organization, and I look forward to continuing to participate.”
Christina Asquith, Senior Editor, Solutions Journal
“Having studied and worked in several different countries on two continents, I developed a keen interest in global dimension of human problems, and was always fascinated by the very concept of the United Nations as an advocate of worldwide peaceful cooperation of nations and protector of human rights. While I never had a chance to be professionally involved in the UN field operations, I always watched closely the headline-making news involving the UN missions and diplomacy.
Joining the United Nations Association of Greater Boston gave me an immediate opportunity to get acquainted with people, initiatives, and ideas giving the meaning to the blue-and-white logo known to every human being on this planet. As a member of the UNA-GB I can do more than just watch the UN related news on TV. I can actively participate in the UN endeavor by translating the organization’s goals and objectives into tangible work.”
Margaret Chalupowski, MD, PhD, JD
Read Margaret Chalupowski's blog post about her experience in the 3rd Annual UNA-USA Mid-Atlantic Regional Conference and Members Day held at the United Nations Headquarters in New York here.